I-Key West, FL
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it is important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Key West. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the Key West Planning and Zoning Department or other city agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- Key West Code of Ordinances. The Key West Code of Ordinances regulates land uses in Key West. You should consult Chapter 122, and in particular Section 122-1371, to see if your listing is consistent with zoning and licensing requirements or use definitions. This code also has performance standards and general regulations that apply to all hosts in the city, including occupancy limits, designating a contact person, and parking.
- Business License Requirements. Hosts must have a valid and current Florida Department of Revenue sales tax identification number, and pursuant to Section 18-601 of the Key West Code of Ordinances, a tax receipt from the City of Key West. Information on obtaining a sales tax identification number from the state Department of Revenue can be found here. You can download the business tax receipt application here.
- Building and Housing Standards. Key West enforces rules and regulations specifying minimum construction, design, and maintenance standards for buildings, including regulations on habitability, health, and safety. Certain regulations applicable to both residential and non-residential uses may be relevant to your listing. You should consult Chapter 14 of the Key West Code of Ordinances or contact the city’s Building Department for more information.
- Tourist Tax. Monroe County and the State of Florida both assess tourist taxes on any rental of a living or sleeping accommodation for periods of 6 months or less. More information about the County and State tourist taxes is available on the County's government website and the State's FAQ page.
- Other Rules. It is also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board and co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
Amanqaku asondele kweli
- EMiddletown, RIUkuba ucinga ngokuba Ngumbuki Zindwendwe wakwa-Airbnb, nantsi inkcazelo yokukunceda uqonde imithetho yesixeko sakho.
- I-Madison, WIUkuba ucinga ngokuba Ngumbuki Zindwendwe wakwa-Airbnb, nantsi inkcazelo yokukunceda uqonde imithetho yesixeko sakho
- EGalveston, eTXUkuba ucinga ngokuba Ngumbuki Zindwendwe wakwa-Airbnb, nantsi inkcazelo yokukunceda uqonde imithetho yesixeko sakho