Izinto ezicetyiswayo ziza kubonakala emva kokubhala kwindawo yokukhangela. Sebenzisa iaro enyukayo nehlayo ukuze uwahlole. Sebenzisa iqhosha elingu-enter ukuze uyikhethe. Ukuba ukhethe amabinzana, loo mabinzana ngawo aza kukhangelwa. Ukuba ucetyiswa ngelinki, ibhrawza iza kuya kwelo phepha.
Umbuki Zindwendwe Wento Enokonwatyelwa

Izinto onokuzonwabela ezinento yokwenza notywala e-Detroit

These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.

Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.

Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*

Do I need licenses if I serve alcohol to my guests at my home, at a private venue or outdoors?

In all circumstances, make sure that alcohol is only being served and consumed by Guests who are 21 and over and make sure you aren’t serving alcohol to a Guest who you know has a drinking problem or is inebriated.

To sell alcohol to your guests, you either need a license under the Michigan Liquor Control Law or you need to hire a licensed caterer. Note that, for a variety of reasons, licenses are not generally available for alcohol sold at a private residence.

Private Parties:

As of the date when we posted this help article, you don’t need a license under the Michigan Liquor Control Law if you are not selling alcohol to your Guests at a private party you host at a place like your home. You don’t need a license to serve alcohol at a private party that meets all of these requirements:

  • You don’t charge anything for your experience involving alcohol (you cannot even charge for food served with the alcohol). This means that any Trip or Experience that involves serving alcohol in a private home (as opposed to taking your guests to a licensed local bar) has to be free for the Guest; and
  • Your party is not open to the general public at the time you serve the alcohol

This means you may not need a license if your party is pre-booked by Guests, and you don’t charge for the experience involving alcohol, and you don’t let in people who are not invited or pre-booked.

If you are hosting an experience in a public venue or outdoor space, in addition to the considerations above, make sure alcohol is permitted to be consumed in that venue and consider whether a permit is required. Think about hiring a licensed caterer for experiences with a large number of Guests.

Generally speaking, this is a tricky area and we encourage you to check with your local division of the Michigan Liquor Control Commission and speak to a lawyer to make sure you are correctly interpreting these provisions and are following your local laws.

What if my experience takes place at a bar?

You would be unlikely to run afoul of regulations if you take your guests to your favorite local bars that are licensed under the Michigan Liquor Control Law.

What if my Experience is BYOB, and I want to allow guests to bring their own alcohol?

Unless you already have a liquor license, the Michigan Liquor Control Law does not allow BYOB. Guests cannot bring their own alcohol to your Trip or Experience.

I brew my own beer or produce my own wine. What do I need to keep in mind?

Under the Michigan Liquor Control Law, home-brewers can make beer or wine for their own family or personal use, and not for sale, without a license. You can teach Guests how to brew beer or wine at your own home, but Guests shouldn’t be allowed to brew their own batch.

However, like the private party example above, you may not sell Guests any of your home-brewed beer or wine.

That said, we encourage you to check with your local division of the Michigan Liquor Control Commission or speak to a lawyer to make sure you are correctly interpreting this exemption and are following your local laws.

*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).

Eli nqaku likuncedile?
Fumana uncedo ngokubhukisha kwakho, ngeakhawunti yakho, nangokunye.
Ngena kwiakhawunti okanye uvule iakhawunti