Izinto ezicetyiswayo ziza kubonakala emva kokubhala kwindawo yokukhangela. Sebenzisa iaro enyukayo nehlayo ukuze uwahlole. Sebenzisa iqhosha elingu-enter ukuze uyikhethe. Ukuba ukhethe amabinzana, loo mabinzana ngawo aza kukhangelwa. Ukuba ucetyiswa ngelinki, ibhrawza iza kuya kwelo phepha.
Umbuki Zindwendwe Wento Enokonwatyelwa

Izinto onokuzonwabela ezinento yokwenza notywala e-Jamaica

Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!

These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.

Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.

Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*

I plan to include alcohol during my experience, is there anything I should be thinking about?

Yes. If you plan to include alcohol during your experience, we encourage you to please keep your safety, and that of your guests, front of mind.

Safe experiences do not involve providing alcohol to a Guest:

  • Who is under 18;
  • Who will be driving or operating any type of vehicle;
  • Who looks or acts inebriated;
  • Who has informed you that they are ill or has a drinking problem;
  • Until after any portion of an Experience involving physical activity (like yoga, swimming, hiking, biking) or activities that involve operating machinery is complete; or
  • Featuring alcohol competitions (sweepstakes, pageants, tournaments or events) that distort the activity of tasting.

In addition, if you are hosting an experience with alcohol in a public venue or outdoor space, make sure alcohol is permitted to be consumed in that venue and consider whether a permit is required.

Do I need a license if I serve alcohol to my guests at my home, at a private venue or outdoors?

Yes, to sell, distribute and/or serve alcohol to your guests you will need to obtain a liquor license under Jamaica law. Note that for a variety of reasons licenses are not available for alcohol sold, distributed or served at private residences.

However, serving alcohol occasionally to guests from your private stock or home brewed stock is not prohibited unless in excess of 225 liters within a month.

Serving alcohol includes situations where:

  • You sell alcohol to your Guest (by, for example, charging Guests for a glass of wine you serve yourself); or
  • Your Experience Price includes a charge for any alcohol you serve yourself.

Serving Complimentary Alcohol:

Jamaica Law allows alcohol to be served at a private event where the amount is occasionally served from the Host’s private stock or home brewed stock and it does not exceed 225 liters within one month.

Jamaica Law also allows alcohol to be served at private, invitation-only events if you are not selling alcohol to your Guests. This means you may not need a license to serve alcohol to your Guests at a party that meets all of these requirements:

  • You don’t charge the alcohol you serve (this means your Experience price cannot include the cost of any alcohol you serve to your guests) and/or you invite your Guests to bring their own alcohol; and
  • If your Listing notes that alcohol will be served by you as part of your Experience, you clearly mention that this alcohol will be provided “at no charge;” and
  • Your party is pre-booked by Guests and you don’t let in people who are not invited or pre-booked.

Generally speaking, this is a tricky area and we encourage you to speak to a lawyer to make sure you are correctly interpreting these provisions and are following your local laws.

Permit related issues:

It is not feasible for you to obtain a permanent alcohol permit as it cannot be tied to a residence and the requirements are strict.

What if my experience takes place at a bar?

You would be unlikely to run afoul of regulations if you take your guests to your favorite local bars or restaurants that are licensed under Jamaica Law, since bars and restaurants should all have a liquor license. If your Experience takes place at a bar, please verify that your Guests are over 18 years old, and that the bar your Experience will be taking place in has the proper documentation (liquor license, registration for commercial establishment, among others).

What if my Experience is BYO, and I want to allow guests to bring their own alcohol?

BYO from Guests in closed/private events where all Guests are over 18 years old is not prohibited by Jamaica Law.

Additionally, please kindly note that the hosting of sweepstakes, pageants, tournaments or events of any nature that require the drinking of alcohol by distorting the activity of tasting is prohibited.

I brew my own beer or produce my own wine. What do I need to keep in mind?

You do not need a permit in order to brew your own beer or produce your own wine where this is for private use and not done on a large scale and may be served occasionally to guests unless in excess of 225 liters within a month.

*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).

Eli nqaku likuncedile?
Fumana uncedo ngokubhukisha kwakho, ngeakhawunti yakho, nangokunye.
Ngena kwiakhawunti okanye uvule iakhawunti