Kwenzeka ntoni xa isazisi sakho sihlolwa
At Airbnb, the safety and security of our guests is a top priority.
We want you to be confident that people on Airbnb are who they say they are. One way we do this is by verifying the identity of guests and Hosts.
Find out more about how we’re committed to creating a safe and trusted community around the world.
How we check IDs
When you book a stay or Experience—or when you become a Host—we may verify your personal information, such as your legal name and address, phone number and other contact details.
We may also ask you to provide us with:
- Legal name, address, and/or other personal information. Often, these are sufficient for us to verify your identity.
- Photo of your Government ID. This could be a driver’s license, passport, identity card, or visa. Learn more about types of Government ID.
- Selfie. We may need to ask you for a photograph in case we are unable to verify your Government ID. If you can’t provide a selfie that matches your Government ID, you can contact us for an alternative verification method.
Learn more about the identity verification process.
How we manage your data
Only authorized Airbnb employees can access the information you submit. All information is stored and transmitted using secure encryption. We keep your data only for as long as needed to comply with applicable laws and other legal requirements, including:
- Time necessary to meet safety and anti-fraud requirements
- Upholding Airbnb’s community guidelines
- Compliance with anti-money laundering requirements
- Compliance with payments and tax laws
Amanqaku asondele kweli
- UndwendweIindlela Isazisi sakho esinokusetyenziswa ngayoNgamanye amaxesha, apho kuvunyelwe ngumthetho osebenzayo, sinokusebenzisa inkcazelo Yesazisi esikhutshwe ngurhulumente ukuze sijonge kwiirek…
- UndwendweTypes of ID for verificationYour ID needs to be an official government-issued ID (not an ID for a school, library, gym, etc.) that includes a photo of you.
- UndwendweIndlela yokufaka isazisi sakhoUngaqinisekisa ukuba ungubani ngegama lakho elisemthethweni nedilesi, okanye ngefoto yesazisi sikarhulumente.